Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fighting Back

Kung palabas lang ang tira ko kay Pangulong Arroyo, eh bakit napipikon sa mga banat ko?

The Senators are fighting back.

During her "performance," PGMA told Presidential aspirants not to speak bad words in public - a clear reference to Mar Roxas' P.I. carnage at a Makati rally recently.

"To those who want to be President, this advice: If you really want something done, just do it. Do it hard, do it well. Don’t pussyfoot. Don’t pander. And don’t say bad words in public."

And so, since Twitter is the best thing, Roxas' tweeted this back: MARoxas "Gloria, I have to say bad words in public because of bad deeds done in secret."

Then, in an Inquirer article, Presidential son/sucky actor Mikey Arroyo is said to be "mad" at the opposition for being such actors in the arena of Philippine politics. He points out how Sen. Francis Escudero clandestinely asked for the President's blessing and endorsement for next year's Presidential elections. An accusation that Escudero denies.

In a statement released today by Escudero that I've posted below, he vehemently denied all allegations that he asked for support from the President.

"I have not sought, nor will I seek, the endorsement of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. Nor have I authorized anyone to do so.

Let Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro, MMDA Chair Bayani Fernando or Vice President Noli de Castro, or anyone else who might want her blessings, get that endorsement which they have been seeking from day one for all I care.

I have not even declared yet. And if I do, I will seek only the endorsement of the Filipino people and will run as Opposition simply because I have been consistently against and questioned the mandate of this administration from the very start.

I supported and was spokesperson of the late Fernando Poe, Jr. in the 2004 presidential elections; I led impeachment complaints against Arroyo in the House; voted consistently against the administration on major policy positions, i.e., the Japan-Philippine Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA), EVAT, and the Human Security Act.

To get back at me, this vengeful administration has withheld the release of my Countryside Development Fund (CDF) since 2005. And now, its proxies have taken the debate over its performance in the past nine years down to the gutter by spreading intrigues against my person."

I smell trouble brewing. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment