Sunday, July 26, 2009

It Ain't So Wow(owee)

I HATE WOWOWEE. It commodifies poverty. I think it's one of the suckiest shows on local telly ever. (Besides those starred by Richard and Gerald that are beyond idiotic.)

Three months ago, the country witnessed the awesome pretentiouness that was the "proposal" of Mar to Korina on the aforementioned show. We all know how the thinking people reacted to that and how "simpletons" (Villarica, 2009) thought that it was the most romantic thing they've seen.

Saturday, June 25, 2009 - I woke by by 2pm. Mom instantly called me to watch what was going on. This huge Orange shirt donning guy was on Wowowee. (Sidenote: you should know that our cable connection got cut since we haven't paid for that particuar bill and we're not bothering to get connected again since no one's barely at home so having cable is pretty useless)

The guy, apparently, was Sen. Manny Villar (CUE IN: Trippy Akala Mo song.) and so I didn't bother watching. Mom later tells me that, the Senator gave away house and lots to OFW's who are guests on the show. Surprised? Not really.

I think guesting on a show such as Wowowee to further expand one's political aspirations is just plain - DESPERATE. And I'd leave you to think why this is so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment